We went to Laiya Coco Grove Beach Resort in Batangas last April 2016. I was actually thinking to come back there again with my husband this summer. Unfortunately, they closed for redevelopment last July 2018 as per their Facebook page. Until now, there’s still no advice if when they will open again. Although the beach resort is not in operation as of the moment, I still decided to blog about it for memories’ sake.
We actually had a great time in that place. It was kind of a long trip though. We stayed there overnight and enjoyed their buffet. It’s actually the food that we enjoyed there the most.
HOW TO GET THERE FROM MANILA:
- From Cubao, you are going to ride a bus to San Juan, Batangas. Take the ALPS Bus. The fare costs more or less 200php per person.
- From San Juan, right in front of the Municipal Hall, either you ride a Laiya or Hugom-bound jeepney, or a tricycle bound to Laiya. We chose to ride a tricycle and we spent 150php because it was really a long trip. The trike directly brought us to the entrance of Laiya Coco Grove. Riding a jeep is cheaper.
I already forgot the room rates but the photo below shows all the details of our booking.
I booked for a couple cabin online which was ₱2, 164.50/night. Here are the inclusions:
- Air-conditioned rooms with own Toilet and Bath (Cabin Room Accommodation and SHARED bath)
- Towels and toiletries
- Managed buffet dinner, breakfast, and lunch upon check out
- Free use of WiFi
- Free use of the beach, swimming pool, and cabanas
- Use of White Beach facility
- Use of playground and volleyball area
- Board games like Scrabble, chess, monopoly, etc.
TERMS AND POLICIES:
They have two beaches. The first one is in the area and the so-called “White Beach” is like a few blocks away. You can hardly enjoy swimming at their beach because it is stony. That is why the management suggests going to White Beach instead. They offer free van-ride to their guests so you don’t have to worry about traveling back and forth.
They also have a swimming pool which is available until the evening. At some time during the day, it is closed for cleaning.
We availed their lunch and dinner buffet so we don’t have to worry about what and where to eat. They served a variety of Filipino food and fruit juice. I can say that eating at their buffet was what we enjoyed the most. We just bought some food for the snack like the halo-halo and potato chips.
The staffs were accommodating. We were welcomed warmly and escorted to our room by the attendant. The van driver who brought us to White Beach and fetched as after was nice and friendly, We were accommodated accordingly. 🙂
Staying in Laiya Coco Grove Beach Resort was really an awesome experience. We would always want to go back. It actually saddened me when I found out that they closed for redevelopment. On the other hand, it led me to search for other beach resorts in Laiya. So if you are planning to spend your summer in Laiya, Batangas here are some suggestions for you.
- Acuatico Beach Resort & Hotel
- Sabangan Beach Resort
- Virgin Beach Resort
- Blue Coral Beach Resort
- Estrellas de Mendoza Playa Resort
- Palm Beach Resort
- Acuaverde Beach Resort
- Kabayan Beach Resort
- Laiya White Cove Beach Resort
- Buracai de Laiya Hotel and Resort
Thanks for reading! If you have other suggested beach resorts in Laiya, Batangas, feel free to comment below. <3