It’s been a while since the last time we went out of town. I and my husband both struggled to have a work-life balance. Last April 6, finally, we had the chance to escape from the busy city and to bond as a family. It was our Baby Jose’s first getaway as well so I did my best to find a perfect place.
We went to Caliraya Ecoville Recreation Farm and Resort in Laguna. It was a very big and wide farm located on the Hill of Caliraya. This is actually a perfect place to stay if you’re a person looking for a peaceful and relaxing haven surrounded by nature. It has a natural lake, an outdoor pool, a restaurant/dining hall, eco-huts and inns for staycation.
Where is Caliraya Ecoville Recreation Farm and Resort?
It is located in Lumban-Caliraya-Cavinti, Cavinti Road, Laguna. Click this link for route instructions: http://www.calirayaecoville.com/our-location/
HOW WE GET THERE FROM MANILA:
- From Cubao, we went to HM Transport Bus Terminal and rode a bus heading to Sta. Cruz, Laguna. The fare is 165.75php. (2-3 hours ride)
- From Sta. Cruz Bus Terminal, we rode a tricycle which brought us directly to Caliraya Ecoville Recreation and Farm Resort. We spent 300php for the one-way fare. It seemed expensive at first but the fare was worth the ride. Besides, the farm resort is located on the hill and very far from the city. It’s not convenient to ride a jeepney, especially for us, who traveled with a baby. (We just asked the trike driver to fetch us the following day. We spent 600php back and forth.)
I booked in Agoda so I just paid 2000+php for our overnight stay. I personally recommend booking in Agoda because it’s cheaper compared to other travel websites I visited. Thus, it gives me the perk of earning Agoda cash that I can use for my future reservations. The actual room rates are shown in the picture below.
Here are the inclusions:
- overnight accommodation
- complimentary breakfast (except eco-hut and glamping)
- free use of swimming pool
- fishing (fishing equipment not included)
The foods really taste good. They offer a variety of Filipino dishes. I think they almost have everything, from appetizers to main courses, even desserts. 🙂 They serve dishes that are good for 2-3 persons (can be good for up to 4 actually) and have a good value for money. The price for main dishes ranges from 150php-450php. They prepare orders real time so we ordered in advance for our dinner.
Snacks and cup noodles are also available in the dining hall. They sell those at reasonable prices. They serve free coffee in the morning, just in the morning. If you want to have coffee in the afternoon or evening it costs 40php. Overall, we spent 1,024php for our lunch, dinner, and snacks.
The Staffs are very polite, hospitable and accommodating. They treat the guests very nicely. They’re very willing to attend to your needs. If they sense that you need something, most often they offer help without you asking.
You can play billiard and hockey with your friends and family for 100php per hour. You can also do some water sports like kayaking and standup paddleboarding. The kayak is 150php per pax for 30 minutes. Standup paddleboarding is 100php for half an hour, too. If you want to pamper your feet, they offer fish spa service for only 50php per 15 minutes.
- After checking in, we explored the room first and took a bath after.
- We headed to the dining hall to eat lunch.
- We roamed around and took pictures.
- We went swimming at around 4 pm and went back to our room before 5.
- We spent the rest of the evening relaxing and chatting in the balcony until 7 pm.
- At 7 pm we had dinner.
- At around 8 pm we slept already.
- I woke up at 5 am and had the chance to enjoy the early-morning mist. I took the chance to take pictures of the area as well as the sunrise.
- My husband and baby finally woke up at around 6 am and we strolled on the farm and took pictures.
- At around 7 am, we went to the dining hall to enjoy their free coffee.
- At 7:30 am, our breakfast was served. I ate tosilog while my husband had tapsilog. 🙂
- At around 8 am, we relaxed by the lake while waiting for the pool to be available.
- At 9:00, we started swimming and stayed outside until 10:30 am.
- When we came back to our room, we started preparing for check-out.
The accommodation itself is not so pricey but the transport is. It’s because we just commuted back and forth given that we’re from Marikina City. I guess if you go there by car, it’s cheaper. And just in case you would like to have a vacation there and commute just like us, better if you stay there for 3 days and 2 nights.
I would always love to have a vacation and I hope that I can go back to Caliraya Ecoville Recreation Farm and Resort again. It is a place to destress and to unwind. I swear, it’s a very relaxing place where you can spend quality time with your loved ones. You’ll forget about your work. 🙂
For questions, feel free to comment. I would love to reply. <3